- Some of the materials used in solar paneling and the batteries they use are known to be harmful to the environment, this is something to investigate if your aim is protecting it.
- With time, as is the case with most things exposed to the elements, solar paneling will begin to deteriorate and require maintenance. Even the suns ultraviolet radiation can affect them.
- If it is your desire to power your entire home with solar power then its important to be aware that you will need more than one or two solar panels. While technology is improving in this regard you would still need a large system to run the entire home which will cost a significant amount of money to install and maintain.
- To be a reliable source of energy, solar power needs a constant supply of sunlight. Many factors beyond our control will hinder this such as clouds, degree of latitude and even the sun setting.
- Much of the time, solar panels are installed on the roof. Keep in mind this will make roof repairs more of a challenge.
To summarize, while solar power is a great source of renewable energy, its important that you do your research to make sure you know what is involved and to determine if it is a good idea for your property.